FOCUSES ON HELPING YOUNG PEOPLE BECOME WORK READY OR FIND A PATHWAY BACK TO EDUCATION.
We recognise that everyone’s journey to employment looks different…
A key focus of SLES is to engage school leavers in a variety of discovery activities, such as work experience, volunteering and industry exposure to give them the greatest opportunity to find and keep a job.
We offer a broad range of individualised supports, tailored to the unique needs and interests of each school leaver.
The Challenge NDIS team has a strong focus on
- practical intervention
- Life skills & confidence building
- readiness to engage in education or employment
- intensive programs
- individualised services
- effective job searching
- site visits and employer exposure
- resume assistance
To receive SLES, individuals will need to have funding approval in a current NDIS plan. SLES funding is available for up to two years.
HELPS YOUNG JOB SEEKERS TO GAIN THE BASIC EMPLOYABILITY SKILLS THAT EMPLOYERS NEED.
Youth Program Model
We believe young people should be the drivers of their own future. When working with you, we focus on your goals and your journey to employment.
We’re flexible in the way that we deliver these supports, which can be offered one-on-one, in a group, or a combination of both.
This will get you ready to enter into Work or further Education
Employment – we focus on providing you with the skills to better prepare you for work.
Education and Training– you will have the opportunity to gain statements of attainment that will assist you with preparing for your journey to employment.
What can you do at Challenge?
- Goal setting and career planning
- Identifying skills and interests
- Communication skills
- Personal branding and presentation
- Exploring further education and training
- Worksite tours and industry experience
- Work experience
- Travel training
- Money handling
- Time management
- Computer literacy
- Workplace health and wellbeing
- Motivation and confidence
- Understand work norms and responsibilities
- Resume writing
- Interview preparation
- Teamwork skills
- Building resilience, accountability and flexibility
- Understanding and designing cover letters
- Onsite mentoring and coaching during work experience