September 2023 - Applications open soon
What is the Construction traineeship?
This is a unique traineeship undertaking a project-based work placement on a Queensland Government funded training program. It is focused on developing vocational and employability skills for long-term unemployed and disadvantaged job seekers and providing them with more pathways into employment and vocational qualifications. Skills and confidence will be developed on the job in the context of a community-based project at the Vedanta Centre, Springfield.
Trainees will obtain an introduction to the construction industry, its culture, occupations, job roles and workplace expectations. The units of competency trained within the traineeship cover essential work health and safety requirements, the industrial and work organisation structure, communication skills, work planning, and basic use of tools and materials. The training is built around a basic construction project unit that integrates the skills and embeds the facets of employability skills in context.
This traineeship is a full-time job, in a real work environment. Our role is to prepare you for the workforce, so there will be high expectations in place regarding your attendance, participation and professionalism.
Training and Qualifications
CPC10120 Certificate I in Construction
including CPCWHS1001 Construction Induction White Card
HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
Dates and Times
Monday to Friday, 38hr/wk
Other benefits include:
- PPE Supplied
- Gain experience and practical training on a genuine construction project
- Learn more of what the construction industry expects of its employees
- Develop strong work habits the construction industry employers are looking for
- Receive coaching on how to improve your appeal to employers looking to hire
- Development in your ability to demonstrate that you can work in a team environment
- Receive guidance and support in developing life skills tailored to your specific needs
- Receive ongoing support to get a real job in the construction industry