Upcoming Work Pathways
Southport - OPEN NOW
West End - TBA
What is the Individual Support work pathway?
You will be equipped to work in the community and/or residential settings providing person-centred support to people requiring support due to ageing. Your work involves using discretion and judgement in relation to individual support whilst taking responsibility for your own outputs. You will develop a range of factual, technical, theoretical and procedural knowledge, of the concepts and practices required to provide person-centred support.
- Enhance your empathy, understanding, compassion and motivation to advocate for clients and yourself.
- Develop teamwork skills whilst working with professionals and learning to operate within expected codes of conduct.
- Gain a practical understanding of required industry reporting standards and the legal and ethical practices.
- You will complete at least 120 hours of practical work placement at an aged care facility.
Training and Qualifications
CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing specialisation)
Including Mandatory 120 hours vocational placement
Including HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
Dates and Times
9:00am to 3:00pm, 4 days per week.
Other benefits include:
- Personalised support to get a real job in the Aged Care industry
- Complete at least 120 hours of practical work experience in an operating Aged Care facility
- Develop the skills the Individual Support Industry expects of its employees
- Receive guidance and support in developing life skills tailored to your specific needs
- Personalised coaching aimed at enhancing you employability
- Develop your ability to work in a team environment