Focuses on helping young people become work ready or find a pathway back to education.
Pathways to Work or Education
We support young people aged 15–24 on their journey to further education or suitable and sustainable employment. The team has a strong focus on practical intervention to build a young person’s skills, confidence and readiness to engage in education or employment through our peer mentoring sessions, intensive programs and individualised services.
What you can expect
- Individualised service
- Life skills & confidence building
- Resume & cover letter sessions
- Interview skills and techniques
- Job search skills & applications
- Current Vacancy preparation sessions
- Assistance with work related clothing
- Support even after work or study placements
What employers can expect
- Pre-employment skills for participants directly relevant to needs of the local labour market
- Work experience placements to assess a young person’s suitability for a job
- Post placement support to ensure a young person settles into a job
Helps young job seekers to gain the basic employability skills that employers need.
Adventure Based Learning
We believe young people should be the drivers of their own future. When working with you, we use Adventure Based Learning approaches which involve helping you to be confident of your personal action plan and independent success.
This will get you ready to enter into Work or further Education
Employment – focuses on pre-employment skills and prepares you to meet the employer’s needs. It enables you to demonstrate that you have the attitude and approach to work that employers want.
Education– you will be given exposure to common practices used in current education. This will be delivered in a way that is suitable to your personal learning style.
Through both blocks you will develop:
- Career and goal setting skills
- Teamwork capacities
- Motivation and confidence; personal presentation; communication skills
- Resume, job search and application skills
- Interview preparation and practice
- Awareness of your strengths and weaknesses, learning preferences and personal communication style
- Understanding of the local job market and how to negotiate it
- Awareness of employer expectations and the employability skills required to succeed at work
- Improved local industry knowledge in targeted job areas
- Refined job search skills