Challenge Employment and Training Ltd. is the employment and training arm of the Ipswich YUPI Group – a community based organisation with a 40 year history. Since our establishment as an RTO we have aimed to inspire, educate and deliver, through our mission which is: ”We utilise our skills and resources to assist people to be the best that they can be”.
In view of this, we have delivered different State and Federal employment assistance programs in addition to our RTO delivery and have assisted many disadvantaged job seekers prepare for sustainable employment over the years.
At present we deliver the Transition to Work program, Work for the Dole group projects and a wide variety of Skilling Queenslanders for Work programs. These programs are designed to enhance student learning, achieve positive employment outcomes and ensure every student is work ready on completion of their training.
We achieve this by connecting with industry professionals, offering tailored learning support, liaising with community groups and collaborating with language, literacy and numeracy professionals.
Our Service Areas
- Ipswich and nearby communities
- Moreton Bay region
- Vocational training assistance to job seekers, secondary students and employers
- Transition to Work Services
- Employment preparation assistance
- Social Enterprises
- Community Services
5) Excellence in Performance
We gratefully acknowledge various Commonwealth and State Government agencies with whom we work including
OUR PHILANTHROPIC SUPPORT SERVICES
Challenge regularly approaches philanthropic organisations to gain additional support for its innovative projects. We gratefully acknowledge their support. Current supporters include:
- The Scanlon Foundation – supporting us in working with people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse communities in Ipswich
- HV Mckay Charitable Trust – Purchase of equipment and resources for the Community Share Food Project in Toowoomba
- Gambling Benefit Fund Queensland – Purchase of a bus for our Toowoomba activities
- John T Reid Charitable Trust – Purchase of equipment and resources for the Community Share Food Project in Ipswich.
What we do
We offer a range of Skilling Queenslanders for Work, Transition to Work and subsidised training options.
The Challenge Executive Team
Executive Officer and Acting General Manager
Corporate Services Manager/Chief Financial Officer
After graduating from the University of Queensland with a Commerce Degree in 2002, Tim joined Challenge Employment and Training as a Graduate Accountant. He quickly progressed and was appointed as Financial accountant in 2005. In 2010 he was promoted to Corporate Services Manager / Chief Financial Officer for the organisation. Tim is responsible for overseeing the organisation’s financial activities and operations; from short-term priorities to long term strategic forecasting. He leads the Challenge Corporate Services team for communications, information, technology and finance.